For over 150 years Watermark has been helping the world’s best innovators and brand owners to build competitive advantage through their Intellectual Property (IP). Our commitment to ECU’s THE LINK reflects our experience and contribution to innovative industries from grass roots to global enterprises.
Watermark has a proud 156 year history in Intellectual Asset Management (IAM). We are
Australian-owned and employ over 110 people nationally among who are 40 practising Intellectual Property (IP) professionals. Our services include:
• IP Legal
• Patents and Designs
• Trade Marks
• IP Advisory including R&D Tax and Valuations
• Competitor Business Intelligence Services.
We have offices in Western Australia, Victoria, New South Wales and our international presence is strengthened with a global network of Associates in over 50 countries, giving you access to local support in the United Kingdom, United States, Europe, Asia and the sub-continent.
Growing Your Business?
You’ve got your ducks lined in a row and you’ve covered off the basic elements of IP. Now its time to turn your mind to leveraging your assets to create value.
During your growth phase, its important to consider a number of factors that have the potential to impact the growth and success of your business, such as:
• Licensing and franchising – what’s the difference between them?
• Parallel import issues and retailing via the web
• Timing and cost for IP and scope for international IP
• Are you ready to enter in to a JV or agreement with a third party?
• Do you need investors?
• Can you do it all yourself or do you need to bring in an outsider or potentially give up some equity?
• Are you eligible to claim for the R&D Tax Incentive Scheme rebate?
If your business is a start up or SME, you may want to consider Watermark’s Springboard service offering which is designed to help businesses identify their most valuable IP and generate a strategy to create, protect and gain a competitive advantage from those rights to maximise return to the organisation. Springboard is available for a minimal fixed fee and it may just help you to leapfrog your competitors.
If you’d like to learn more about aspects of a growth phase, we invite you to register for a 30-minute obligation-free chat with one of our experienced advisers at our next IP Clinic on 29th November. Contact Kiren Bigwood [email protected] or telephone (08) 9222 0101 to secure your place.